Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Let's sew up some arrows!!!

Hey beautiful crafters! I am so excited to share a little project that I whipped up for my daughter this week. 

So the Santa Claus came by and gave baby girl a super adorable Barbie house with all the furniture and accessories. One problem...the blanket that came with Barbie's bed was less than stellar if I do say so myself. So off to the craft room I ran. 

I grabbed my favorite stamp set Awesome Arrows and some freezer paper. I used StazOn ink to stamp out my favorite arrow 5 times and then I cut it out. I ironed the freezer paper onto the jean-"ish" fabric and cut around the arrows with fabric scissors. Then I just peeled the paper off. It can be used again and again as a sewing pattern. 


I then put the two pieces of fabric right sides facing each other and stitched all around. Leave a 3" opening on the bottom middle of the pillow. Be sure to clip your corners at an angle so they don't have much bulge. Turn inside out and be sure to push out the corners. Now this little gem is Barbies and so it's stuffed with some left over fleece that I had from Hubbies Christmas slippers. I just cut the fleece into 2x2 squares and stuffed it up. Then I did a straight stitch around the entire pillow. I used the old "blanket" from Barbies original house and made a template for this blanket. Cut it out to match the pillow and Voila a new bedroom set for Barbie. Baby girl was very happy and I love that I got to use my favorite stamp set for sewing! Bam


Hope you guys had a great Holiday and that your New Year is safe and full of love!!!

All my best,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)